The number one word in the coaching world today is ACCOUNTABILITY. Everybody wants us to hold their people ACCOUNTABLE. Why is this so popular and why do we struggle with this so much? At the end of the day there is a vicious cycle that is perpetrated daily in the lives of ALL of the world that looks like this:
- We start with GOOD INTENTIONS (Remember that the road to hell is paved with what?)
- We FAIL to FOLLOW THROUGH or TAKE ACTION because of all kinds of variables (lack of discipline, lazy, no priorities, lack of planning, don’t know what to do, etc).
- We end up feeling GUILTY because we know better and mainly because we missed a tremendous opportunity.
So here’s a question for you. What kind of ACCOUNTABILITY do you need?
- Amateur accountability where someone has to get you out of bed like I did my 3 year old daughter this morning and make sure you are motivated?
- Professional accountability where you come with “batteries included” and just need a resource and trusted advisor to help you work through more complex issues in life?
Remove GUILT and REGRET today by taking action. It’s where the real money is.
I believe that the biggest reason we need coaches, physical trainers, managers, parents, and teachers is to hold us accountable to our vision and when we stray from that vision to pull us back in to what we originally committed to. Without this outside accountability we are left to our own devices and will always revert back to comfort and complacency and this is a gradual settling back into a place we never intended to be.
Be a big boy and girl. Ask for and accept the accountability that professionals can give you.